Sunday, December 3, 2006

Bozeman Ice Festival 2006

On Friday I saw a post for the Bozeman Ice Festival http://www.montanaalpineguides.com/bozemanicefestival/ on the Montana ice climbing forum and decided to go. I hadn't climbed in the mountains in over a year and a half and it was the perfect introduction to Montana. The people were great and I made a bunch of new friends and climbing partners. Over the weekend pros showed us how to climb and we got to top-rope up gorgeous waterfalls with all the required equipment already in place. It was an inspiring event, and now I am looking forward to getting out all winter.

4 comments:

fixiewrek said...

Weak sauce, you should be leading that not following like some newbie on top rope!

Or, yes that is slightly cool, just slightly though.

Nick Spang said...

C'mon man, my forearms are flaccid from being in the urban jungle. I won't be getting my spice on till early January.

Unknown said...

You saw 'Touching the Void', but you still insist on climbing. Just hope you don't start to hear that Boney M song.

Unknown said...

NICK YOU ROCK MY SOXS!!!! Ice climbing was alot of fun! I would love to go next weekend if you come into town, but I only have sunday off. Thanx for sending me pix. xoxoxoxo -Diane