Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Days of Missoula

Woke up to an inch of snow but most of it melted off by the afternoon, with tons of sunshine and balmy temps. Worked in the office then got an oil-change. While waiting I stumbled on a local second-hand store and ended up buying 15 books, even though I have a backlog of about 30 books I have been wanting to read for a long time. In some cases years. Called Stephen seeking sage insights in how to squeeze reading into one's life as he seems to have it down. He said I have to try reading more enjoyable stuff that doesn't feel like homework all the time.

Today I met Brett, a friend of Pauh's girlfriend Mary, in Seattle. We met at the local Irish pub where quiz night was in full effect. "Who was the Canadian prime minister between '67 and '73?" I don't know either. There were cool rounds where you have to ID songs and portraits circulated at the tables. It was also cool meeting a friend of a friend of a friend. Perhaps we'll get up on some waterfalls before the winter's out.

No comments: