Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Made it to Montana!

Put in about 550 miles today and arrived in the pitch dark of 6pm. Long stretches of the highway were covered with ice, but amazingly everyone drove just fine on it. We were all going 75 mph on ice around corners and stuff! Only once, going up a steep hill did I accelerate too fast and lose traction for a second. I guess there's going to be snow and ice in my life for the next few months... Now it's time to find a place, get my moto winterized, ski, move in, and start work!

4 comments:

fixiewrek said...

These are the days of our lives??? What is this, some bad soap opera? Is this some melodramatic blog where you're gonna talk about break ups and puppy dog crushes and the girl in 6th grade who threw a rock at you???

Nick Spang said...

Yes, Stephen, all life IS drama... The inherent tragedy and triumph that pervades all our journeys through this mad, mad world.

handfulofbooks said...

dude, you need to get out more.

Nick Spang said...

I agree. Life has been so tragically devoid of mountains for the last year, I think some outdoor immersion is in order...