Monday, January 8, 2007

Lost Trails of the Bitteroot

Still riding high from the holidays, I found myself suddenly immersed in a snowy wonderland... sometimes after making a cartwheel head over heels... It was pure pow at Lost Trails and we had the benefit of Max's house 20 minutes away, deep in the Bitteroot Valley. Having finally sealed the tele turn on the groomers I spent an entire weekend learning how to throw my weight around in the heavy stuff. Heeeee Haaawwww! And Max grilled up some scruptuous Elk and Venison that we devoured like snow beasts in the West Fork.
Today I drove up to Bozeman with my boss and we met with the fish bio on the Gallatin NF to roll out a regional strategic plan for the fish of Region 1. Driving through Western Montana fills me with a constant sense of awe and serenity. The countryside means serious business, and the mountains form in riffles, sometimes with treecovered lobes looming over elk and turkey heavens right here on earth. hallelujah! I love this place.

1 comment:

fixiewrek said...

Looking sweeet out there!!! Still not sure about you nailing the tele turns, but I'll let you believe! Keep putting up more pictures like that and I'll be out in no time!